Spicy Peanut Chicken
A rich curry in a creamy peanut sauce, a favourite with all the family.
Ready In: 3-6 hours
Crockpot Time: 5-6 hours on low, 3 hours on high
8 skinless chicken thighs
1 large potato, cut into chunks
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
100 g crunchy peanut butter
1 tbsp plain flour
1 x 400 g can chopped tomatoes
1½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp mild chilli powder
1 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp soy sauce
Chopped salted peanuts for garnish
1. Place the chicken in the stoneware and arrange the potato around the edge.
2. In a bowl combine the onion, garlic, peanut butter and plain flour, gradually add the canned tomatoes, mix well to form a thick sauce, season well.
3. Stir in the cumin, chilli, sugar, turmeric and soy sauce.
4. Pour over the chicken.
5. Cook on Low for 5-6 hours, or alternatively 3 hours on High.
6. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and serve with boiled rice.